Does Your IT Company Have The Expertise You Need?
written by Matt Bullock posted on November 14, 2021
IT Company Have The Expertise You Need?
Is your IT company delivering the expertise you need? Or does it feel like they’re just Googling the answers to your questions?
It can be difficult to ask for help.
Whether it’s looking for directions when Google Maps is failing you, or opting for the instruction manual for the new furniture you thought you’d put together independently, it’s not easy to admit that you need assistance.
It’s this type of stubbornness that causes so many business leaders to try to manage every part of their business on their own. While it may seem pragmatic or cost-effective at the time, this isn’t the right way to run a business.
Starting up and growing a business is obviously no easy task, but beyond that is the fact that it doesn’t necessarily get easier once the business is established. With each year in business, a company and its management will encounter new obstacles unique to its size, changes in the industry, and other factors. While it may have been possible for you to oversee every part of your business when it began, after some time and growth, it’s not quite so simple.
You can’t expect yourself to do it all on your own, right? That’s why you need to make an effort to find the right people for each task, and trust them to get it done, instead of trying to do it by yourself.
There is power in delegation – don’t try to undertake tasks that are better suited to someone else on your team, especially when it comes to your IT. That’s why you need real expertise in charge of your business technology.
Why Does Your IT Team Need Expertise?
Given the wealth of knowledge available online, and how user-friendly technology is getting these days, you may be skeptical that expertise and experience are even that necessary for an IT company. Unfortunately, you would be wrong about that.
Sure, with enough research and time available to you, you might be able to find a solution to your IT problem every now and then. But, even if that’s the case, time is a resource you don’t always have– that’s why you pay someone else to handle it. And if you’re paying someone else, shouldn’t they be an expert at what they do?
Experience and skill can’t be bought or faked. The only way to get it is to put in the work and take the time. The benefits of working with an expert IT team are extensive:
- Proper Implementation Of New Technologies: Many businesses find it difficult to keep up with the latest advances in technology. Outsourcing your management to an IT company should provide easy access to the latest technology so you can be more competitive in this technology-driven world. Furthermore, with expert IT support, these solutions are less expensive than if you purchased them yourself. Most IT companies have partnerships with vendors and can provide new technologies at a reduced cost. The IT industry is full of new developments, each of which could be a real, beneficial trend to invest in — but it’s more likely to be a gimmick that won’t achieve much in the end. An expert will know which is which.
- Scaling Technology With Your Growth: As your business grows, your IT needs to grow as well. Keep in mind that new service offerings often come with significant upgrades or new software. Your IT support team should have the knowledge and skills to provide the flexibility you need to change your products/services or add new ones when required. You need to discuss the technologies you use every day, and make sure your IT support knows how to support them. The key is in finding the IT support partner that can offer industry-specific expertise and unique service that can’t be found anywhere else. In addition to understanding the technology you use, they should also understand and actively apply the potential of new technologies — such as the cloud — to help you improve the way you work.
- Making Wise IT Investments: Most IT budgets are restrictive, to say the least. It can be difficult to get the necessary funding to maintain your IT in the first place, so why would you risk the use of those funds? Making the most of every dollar spent on IT requires expertise. The knowledge to know what needs to be purchased now, and what can wait for the next quarter. The knowledge to know which brand of a given technology offers the best value.
What Expertise Should Your IT Team Have?
If you can agree that you need to outsource your IT to someone who knows what they’re doing, then let’s move on to what that expertise should actually look like:
- Business Experience: As vital as knowledge of IT is to the services your IT team delivers, business acumen is just as important. Understanding, from firsthand experience, what your needs are, and the challenges it puts up with every day, will allow your IT team to better match the right solutions to your obstacles.
- Extensive Experience: Above we talked about how it’s important for IT teams to capitalize on trends for their clients’ benefits. Frankly, that’s an oversimplification. The truth is that the IT industry is full of new developments, each of which could be a real, beneficial trend to invest in — but it’s more likely to be a gimmick that won’t achieve much in the end. Telling the difference can be difficult, but it gets easier with time. The right IT team will have seen countless IT fads come and go. Not everything is the “next cloud” – those with the right experience and expertise will know the difference.
- Technological Expertise: You don’t want to miss out on the latest and greatest in IT innovations. The right IT team will be able to give you the advantages that come with the most recent applications of the solutions you already rely on. Specific applications and services, when properly implemented and supported, will allow you to do what you need to in a more productive and efficient manner.
Accelera IT Solutions Has The Expertise You’re Looking For
Our team has the expertise and experience you need to totally offload your IT concerns. We’ll manage your IT environment, keeping everything up to date, secure, and optimized.
Here’s how to get started:
- Get in touch with us to book a free consultation at a time that works for you.
- Ask us any and all IT-based questions you can think of.
- Let us demonstrate our expertise so you believe in it.
- Enlist our team as your expert IT support.